Exmoor National Park
Exmoor National Park is the untamed beauty of nature at her best, encompassing a variety of landscape and wildlife habitats, from wild, bleak moorlands scattered with native Exmoor ponies, to ancient wooded glades and valleys.
A few facts about Exmoor National Park...
- Europe’s very first International Dark Sky Reserve
- The tallest tree in England
- The highest cliffs in England
- Almost 250 species of bird and over 1000 different flowering plants and grasses
- The highest number of wild Red Deer in England
- Free living native Exmoor ponies, perfectly adapted to the upland conditions of Exmoor
- The second highest and lowest tides in the world
- Over 4,000 archaeological sites representing some 8,000 years of history
- An area dedicated to green tourism